Shaft collar is a simple but important mechanical component. It is widely used in Power Transmission applications, such as motors and gearboxes. The Shaft collars are used as mechanical stops, locating components, and bearing faces. The simple design lends itself to easy installation
–Set screw type/ Set Screw Shaft Collar
–Single Split Collar / One-piece Shaft Collar
–Double Split Collar / Two-piece Shaft Collar
–One-Piece Threaded Collar
–Double wide shaft collar
Set screw type is the most effective when used on a shaft made of a material which is softer than the set screw.
Threaded shaft collars offer the same quality and benefits of smooth bore Collars, meanwhile providing additional features. Threaded collars provide axial holding power which is superior to smooth bore collars, while offering easier installation and adjustment than CZPT ring locking devices.
One-piece shaft collars wrap around the shaft for even distribution of clamping forces. This results in a tight fit and greater holding power, without the shaft damage caused by set screws. Clamp collars are easy to remove, indefinitely adjustable, and work well on virtually any shaft.
Two-piece shaft collars offer the same benefits as one-piece shaft collars with additional versatility and convenience. The split design is easily installed and disassembled, reducing labor and downtime when adjustment, removal, or replacement is necessary. These clamping forces provide the collar with a holding power superior to one-piece and set screw shaft collars.
Unik Shaft Collar Features:
Superior fit, finish and holding power.
Tightly controlled face to bore perpendicularity.
Bore size stamped on every shaft collar.
Black oxide finish produces holding power and resisting corrosion.
DIN 12.9 for metric screws for maximum torque ability.
black oxide and zinc-plated steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum
Q1. What is your terms of packing?
A: Generally, we pack our goods in single color box. If you have special request about packing, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can pack the goods as your request.
Q2. What is your terms of payment?
A: T/T 30% as deposit, and 70% before delivery. We’ll show you the photos of the products and packages
before you pay the balance. Other payments terms, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can discuss.
Q3. What is your terms of delivery?
A: EXW, FOB, CFR, CIF.
Q4. How about your delivery time?
A: Generally, it will take 25 to 30 days after receiving your advance payment. The specific delivery time depends
on the items and the quantity of your order.
Q5. Can you produce according to the samples?
A: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We can build the molds and fixtures.
Q6. What is your sample policy?
A: We can supply the sample if we have ready parts in stock, but the customers have to pay the sample cost and
the courier cost.We welcome sample order.
Q7. Do you test all your goods before delivery?
A: Yes, we have 100% test before delivery
Q8: How do you make our business long-term and good relationship?
1. We keep good quality and competitive price to ensure our customers benefit ;
2. We respect every customer as our friend and we sincerely do business and make friends with them,
no matter where they come from.
|Stiffness & Flexibility:||Stiffness / Rigid Axle|
|Journal Diameter Dimensional Accuracy:||IT6-IT9|
|Axis Shape:||Straight Shaft|
|Shaft Shape:||Hollow Axis|
Can I purchase aluminum collars with specific features suitable for use in electronic equipment?
Yes, you can find aluminum collars with specific features tailored for use in electronic equipment. These collars are designed to meet the unique requirements of electronics applications. Here’s how to find them:
- 1. Manufacturer’s Product Catalogs: Collar manufacturers often produce product catalogs that include collars designed for electronics. Look for features such as lightweight materials, corrosion resistance, and precision engineering.
- 2. Online Suppliers and Distributors: Search for online suppliers and distributors specializing in electronic components. They may offer a selection of aluminum collars with features suitable for electronic equipment.
- 3. Aerospace and Defense Suppliers: Companies that supply the aerospace and defense industries often have collars designed for electronic equipment in demanding environments. Explore their offerings for high-quality options.
- 4. Technical Specifications: Pay attention to technical specifications provided by collar manufacturers. Focus on features like material composition, size, weight, and resistance to environmental factors that are critical in electronics applications.
- 5. Custom Collar Manufacturers: Some manufacturers offer custom collar design services. You can work with them to create collars with specific features tailored to your electronic equipment needs.
- 6. Corrosion Resistance: Select collars with corrosion-resistant properties, which are essential in electronic equipment exposed to various environmental conditions, including moisture and chemicals.
- 7. Lightweight Materials: Choose aluminum collars made from lightweight alloys to minimize the weight of electronic equipment, making them suitable for aerospace and portable devices.
- 8. Precision Machining: Collars with precision machining and tight tolerances ensure a secure fit on electronic components, shafts, or connectors, enhancing overall performance.
- 9. Vibration Damping: For equipment subjected to vibrations, consider collars with vibration-damping features to protect delicate electronic components and connections.
- 10. Environmental Sealing: Look for collars with environmental sealing capabilities to protect electronic equipment from dust, moisture, or other contaminants.
When purchasing aluminum collars for electronic equipment, consider the specific needs of your application. Consult with manufacturers or suppliers to ensure that the collars meet the required features and specifications, providing reliability and durability for your electronic devices.
Where can I find tutorials on the correct installation of aluminum collars?
Installing aluminum collars correctly is essential to ensure their effectiveness in mechanical applications. You can find tutorials and guides on the correct installation of aluminum collars through the following sources:
- 1. Manufacturer’s Documentation: Start by checking the official website of the aluminum collar manufacturer. Many manufacturers provide detailed installation guides, instructions, and videos specific to their products.
- 2. YouTube and Video Platforms: Video-sharing platforms like YouTube often host instructional videos on various mechanical components, including collars. Search for videos related to “aluminum collar installation” to find visual tutorials.
- 3. Online Mechanical Forums: Online mechanical forums and communities, such as engineering.stackexchange.com or practicalmachinist.com, may have discussions and threads where experienced users share installation tips and techniques.
- 4. Mechanical Engineering Resources: Academic websites and resources from mechanical engineering institutions may offer guidance on collar installation as part of their educational content.
- 5. Industrial Supply Websites: Websites of industrial supply stores and suppliers often provide resources on product usage. Look for downloadable guides or articles related to collar installation.
- 6. Books and Publications: Mechanical engineering books and publications often include sections on the installation of mechanical components. Consider looking for relevant books in your field of interest.
- 7. Manufacturer’s Customer Support: Contact the manufacturer’s customer support for assistance and guidance. They can provide information, answer questions, and offer specific advice for your collar installation needs.
- 8. In-Person Workshops and Training: Some manufacturers or technical schools offer in-person workshops or training sessions on mechanical component installation, including collars. Check for local training opportunities in your area.
- 9. Professional Organizations: Mechanical engineering and industry-specific professional organizations may have resources, webinars, or seminars on proper installation techniques. Consider joining relevant organizations to access such materials.
When using tutorials for collar installation, ensure that the source is reputable and that the information is up-to-date. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines closely, and seek expert assistance if you encounter challenges or have specific questions about your installation process. Proper installation is essential to maximize the performance and safety of your mechanical system.
Can you recommend aluminum collars suitable for applications with weight constraints?
Certainly! Aluminum collars are an excellent choice for applications with weight constraints due to their lightweight properties. When selecting aluminum collars for such applications, consider the following recommendations:
- 1. Standard Aluminum Collars: Standard aluminum collars are available in various sizes and styles. These collars are lightweight and suitable for a wide range of applications, especially when weight reduction is a priority.
- 2. Set Screw Collars: Set screw collars, which use a threaded screw to secure the collar to the shaft, are a common choice for lightweight applications. They provide a secure grip without adding significant weight.
- 3. Single Split Collars: Single split collars are designed with a single slit along the circumference of the collar, making them lightweight and easy to install. They are suitable for applications where weight is a concern.
- 4. Precision Machined Collars: Precision machined aluminum collars are designed for high-precision applications. They are lightweight and provide a secure fit for critical components while minimizing added weight.
- 5. Custom Collars: In cases where standard collars do not meet the specific requirements of your application, consider custom aluminum collars. These can be designed and machined to your exact specifications, ensuring they meet weight constraints while fulfilling your needs.
- 6. Corrosion Resistance: Even in weight-constrained applications, it’s essential to consider environmental factors. If the application involves exposure to moisture or corrosive elements, choose aluminum collars with appropriate corrosion resistance to ensure durability.
- 7. Material Thickness: Evaluate the thickness of the collar material. Thicker collars provide additional strength and stability, but they may also add more weight. Balance the need for strength with the weight constraints of your application.
- 8. Weight Reduction Design: Collaborate with collar suppliers who can provide lightweight design solutions. They may offer special lightweight designs that minimize material usage while maintaining structural integrity.
- Consult with Experts: If you’re uncertain about the most suitable aluminum collars for your weight-constrained application, consult with mechanical engineers or collar manufacturers. They can provide expert guidance based on your specific requirements.
When choosing aluminum collars for applications with weight constraints, it’s essential to strike a balance between weight reduction and meeting the mechanical and functional requirements of the application. By considering these recommendations and consulting with experts, you can select the right aluminum collars that meet your needs while adhering to weight limitations.
editor by CX 2023-11-14